- On December 3, 2018, the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners adopted the budget for 2019 with no tax increase to the general fund for the fifth consecutive year.
- On July 26, 2018, the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners announced the refinancing of the County’s 2011 Series General Obligation Bonds. The refinancing will save the County and the taxpayers of Cumberland County approximately $750,000.
- The Cumberland County Electronics recycling center is in its second year of operation and has collected more than 630,000 pounds of electronic devices including televisions, computers and other electronics since opening in July 2017. More information regarding this service and how you can discard of your old electronics can be found at https://www.ccpa.net/3377/Electronics-Recycling-Center.
- In 2018, Cumberland County jumped from 9th to 7th in the state as it relates to number of acres of prime farmland preserved under the state/county Agricultural Conservation Easement program.
On January 22, 2018, the Cumberland County Court of Common Pleas and the Board of Commissioners announced the establishment of the Opioid Intervenetion Court (OIC). Since the establishment of the OIC, we have seen deaths due to opioid abuse drop significantly and prison population decrease..
- Construction to replace the Orrs Bridge over the Conodoquinet Creek in Hampden Township is scheduled to begin February. The new bridge is expected to be completed by the Fall of 2020.